Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Senior citizens, we must sacrifice.

  • People before have told me I'm an idealist.
  • I support health care reform and I should be happy today -- President Obama signed it into law earlier today. But instead, I have a very heavy heart -- I perceive that "The American People" are fractured into so many pieces, and our politicians are forced to select a set of them that help them get re-elected. Some are greedy, some are lazy, some have major health issues, some are deep poverty. We have thousands of high school age children not in school when they should be, and we have thousands of people in our colleges who have no business being there. We senior citizens can get incredible health care for our aging bodies when a 10-year old child can bankrupt his/her family by just being born with a bad heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment